Coronavirus: the new ACI World airport security screening guidance
Added on Wed April 29th, 2020
ACI World (Airports Council International) released a new airport security screening guidance to safeguard the staff and travellers from the coronavirus. ACI World outlined the guideline for security checkpoint management, with the aim of ensuring protection for passengers and staff.
- Hand sanitisers and disinfection products should be provided to passengers and staff before they approach the screening points.
- Staff should use non-contact thermometers in a pre-allocated section before the checkpoint.
- Security lines should not be placed near each other.
- If local screening authorities permit, passengers and staff can wear gloves and masks.
- When it is possible, hand searches should be minimised.
- Security staff should be provided with disposable gloves, surgical masks, uniform caps or disposable medical caps, goggles and protective suits.
- In the airport, there should be display to inform public about regarding the measures to be taken to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Read also: how airlines disinfect their aircraft
Share this news on:
< Go Back